Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Butts

Options
Happy Independence Day weekend everyone! My wife purchased boneless pork butts. 1 12.5# and 1 13.5#. Does the fact that they are boneless effect the time to cook or amount of pulled pork made. I have 40-45 (half kids and half adults) coming over Saturday around 6:00. I'd like the butts done between 3:00 and 4:00 if possible because I'm going to smoke some wings after the butts come off. All help is much appreciated! 

AD

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    The difference is not significant for the amount of meat. for the record you should have plenty unless the "kids" are over 10. I mean my "kid" is 12 and he will slam two sandwiches. It also depends on the total sides and desserts. If it's just wings pork and beer it's going to be tight. Personally I would cook three and vacpac--freeze the leftovers. Pork is awesome reheated. It also depends on the crowd. 20 guys that work third shift will strip that clean, tie you to the tree outside and head for the fridge. 20 blue haired ladies will ask where the egg salad on toast points are. At this point it is just a decision of whether to cook turbo or low/slow. Personally I would turbo them. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.