Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wi Fi devices.

Options
We carry the digi q line complete and just ordered in the the flame boss line because i was  impressed with the 200 at the HBPA expo in Nashville this spring. We also carry the dual probe remote by maverick (BGE model) but am considering the I grill and other Mavericks. What do you eggsperts say? Should we get the I grills and Mavericks? Feedback please? Quality? Ease of use? 

Thanks. Pete

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'd waffle on the maverick since it would likely cannibalize your BGE one's sales unless you were doing the 735 since it has enough feature differences to stand up as an alternative. The igrill is nice since it has the ability to option it out(extra probes, etc.)
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I'd waffle on the maverick since it would likely cannibalize your BGE one's sales unless you were doing the 735 since it has enough feature differences to stand up as an alternative. The igrill is nice since it has the ability to option it out(extra probes, etc.)
    I don't mind carrying the extra models as long as they are quality products. Thanks for the info. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I have the Flame Boss 200 and the iGrill2. Both have completely different uses, yet both work very well! 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not sure if you can get the Stoker for your store, but I like mine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    Some of my buddies also have the stoker and love it. I have stayed away from it due to the backorder issues. Thanks for the input. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    I own a Maverick 732, Maverick 733, Thermoworks Chef Alarm, DigiQ 2, and a Flame Boss 200.  I also have a handful of cheap non-name units that have accumulated over the years.  I've never held one in my hands before mail ordering them.  Would have loved going to a single store to touch, feel and talk about the various units with a knowledgeable individual.  Wouldn't mind paying a little more for that experience.

In your first post here, you talked about bring in the Flame Boss line 'cuz you saw it and played with it ... and was impressed with it.  That's what I'm talking about.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• pgprescott
    Options
    I own a Maverick 732, Maverick 733, Thermoworks Chef Alarm, DigiQ 2, and a Flame Boss 200.  I also have a handful of cheap non-name units that have accumulated over the years.  I've never held one in my hands before mail ordering them.  Would have loved going to a single store to touch, feel and talk about the various units with a knowledgeable individual.  Wouldn't mind paying a little more for that experience.

In your first post here, you talked about bring in the Flame Boss line 'cuz you saw it and played with it ... and was impressed with it.  That's what I'm talking about.
    You got em all Tom. Yeah, that's my thought. I know not every device fits everyone's needs. I'm in the process of adding the flame boss. They should be in soon. I think we will bring in some others. We also have the Thermoworks products. I am interested in the wifi thermos because I feel they would compliment the partyq controllers and offer our costumers an improved experience and a bit of freedom. Thanks for your input Tom!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Hey Pete, next time you have a discussion with Thermoworks, ask them to create a professional level Maverick 733 like product that incorporates better temp probes.

Their stuff is so good, but no wireless temp unit ... why not?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    DMW said:
    Some of my buddies also have the stoker and love it. I have stayed away from it due to the backorder issues. Thanks for the input. 
    You might look into them again. They were backordered early this year because they had a new model coming out. It's out now and I got mine pretty quick.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Hey Pete, next time you have a discussion with Thermoworks, ask them to create a professional level Maverick 733 like product that incorporates better temp probes.

They do: http://www.thermoworks.com/products/logger/bluetherm_duo.html

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Thats blue-tooth.  Terrible range.  The 733 is radio and has significantly better range.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Only Bluetooth. Very limited range unless you run through your computer first and then to your wifi and most devices will not let you do this.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MelSharples
    MelSharples Posts: 260
    Options
    So @pgprescott what would you recommend, the Cyberq or Flame Boss? I started a similar discussion this afternoon. I would be using it on a LBGE for low and slow and other precision cooks. No competitions and I doubt I'd need multiple meat probes.  Which one has a more robust smart phone (iphone) interface?
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • pgprescott
    Options
    So @pgprescott what would you recommend, the Cyberq or Flame Boss? I started a similar discussion this afternoon. I would be using it on a LBGE for low and slow and other precision cooks. No competitions and I doubt I'd need multiple meat probes.  Which one has a more robust smart phone (iphone) interface?
    The flame boss appears easier to use. I do not use the cyberq and did demo the flame boss in Nashville. I would say you can't go wrong. I do use the digiq dx. If you are tech savvy the cyber may be for you, less adept you might like the flame boss. Both are very good products. 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I just got my iGrill2 on Sunday, and I love it.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.