Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

distance between bottom shelf and top shelf

Options
what is the max distance I can have between the bottom shelf and top shelf for an xl egg
If I lower it do I need to make the diameter of the hole bigger than 26 1/4".  Also I am wondering about insert pieces for under the egg and on the top of the table what size are people using

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Here's what BGE shows http://www.biggreenegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BGE-TP-XL.pdf for dimensions. If you're going to put feet or a paving stone (an absolute must imo) under the eg then you can take the extra height of the egg into consideration and increase the distance between the shelves. Just make sure that you have enough clearance for the hinge when opening the egg or you will need to add a cutout to your hole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    thanks for the help do you know if it is ok to move the egg into the table without removing the dome