Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Berkshire Butt on Jr

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,365

I cooled this one at 275 for about 4 hours,  then wrapped it in foil and raised the temp to 325. I had to move it along, supper was running late. Smoked with cherry and covered with Dizzy Dust. This was delicious!  We had a feed of mussels in wine/cream for an app 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• GlennM
    Options
    If anyone can help, I can never get the photos in order from my ipad. Usually the text appears at the bottom and even if I add the pics one at a time they get shuffled.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Whatever order they are in- it looks phenomenal.  Where did you score the bershire butt? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Great looking pics in any order. 

Seems our last vanilla "upgrade" was to randomize pics. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Love me some mussels! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    yes...where did you get that berkshire butt?
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks awesome!! 2 questions - how much did it weigh and how much did you trim it? I cooked a 5.5 lb'er Sunday @ around 275 and it looked really black and took a little over 8 hours. I sure wish mine looked like yours!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• GlennM
    Options
    My brother and I ordered a berkshire hog from a vendor at the local farmers market and we split it. The butt was maybe 4 lbs?  Smoked it indirect at 250 for about 3 hours and since time was an issue I wrapped it in foil and raised the temp to 325  I think total cook time was about 7 hrs. It was really good.  My brother did one as well, at 250 his took 10 hrs