Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Think I'll Keep Her...

Options
Yesterday I had to make the monthly obligatory Costco trip by myself as the Mrs. was under the weather this weekend.  I thought that I'd check out the meat department to see if I could get lucky and find a brisket or something to cook for Memorial Day.  I usually don't have luck finding whole packers there lately, but to my surprise they had some.  I texted the Mrs. to let her know about my good fortune and her response was "YES!!!! Did you buy at least 3?"  I had only put one in the cart originally but quickly ran back and grabbed two more, I mean I had permission at that point.  Came home with three of these Choice Packers, one will be cooked this weekend the others are just hanging out in the freezer for the time being.  As for the Mrs. she surprised me with that one, I knew there was good reason to love that woman.
Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA

Comments

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    I hope you cooked her something good on the egg when you got home =)
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    cook861 said:
    I hope you cooked her something good on the egg when you got home =)
    I'll put up another post with last night's dinner but Costco also had Center cut beef tenderloin yesterday so one of those followed me home and got portioned out to Fillet Mignon's with a red wine reduction and smashed potatoes and corn on the cob.  She was happy with everything except the total on the receipt...
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    "As for the Mrs. she surprised me with that one"...I know what you mean they are so unpredictable........Nice score..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....