Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

some leftover tilapia from Lent SCORED tonight!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
I found some sealed/frozen tilapia filets left over from the recent Lenten period. This is not a genius recipe but it sure worked for us tonight. After thawing I wetted the filets with orange juice and then dusted lightly with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin rub.

Earlier I already had a pot of Lundberg brand Wild Blend rice simmering on the stove using chicken broth instead of the recommended water. Well...you probably have guessed it already -  I did not fire up any of my BGEs and instead resorted to the microwave! Sorry gang - you'll need to line up to sue me over this thread. Well - the meal ROCKED! BTW I served cold sliced peaches on the side and they really melted the tilapia, and wild rice together! 

I guess my point is if we love sharing cooking stories here then we are more like family rather than just charcoal heads who ALSO love the BGE!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments