Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brownies in a Griswold

Options
Bentgrass
Bentgrass Posts: 443
Did a trial run making brownies in a 9" co on the egg.   350 degrees, indirect heat.  Turned out great but took almost an hour !  Should I try a direct heat without the platesetter ?
  1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What's the rush? Figure out what works and then time it to come off after dinner down the road. Looks good regardless 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    You have a point.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Not without a PS unless you want to burn the bottom.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    You have a point.
    Didn't mean to be a smartass.  I read it again and it sounded like I was. Sorry if I offended you. I have learned to sit back and let the egg do its thing and spend the "down" time enjoying good company and booze 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Chubbs is the forum troll.... :s
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    henapple said:
    ****. Got me. I plead "no contest"
  • Chubbs
    Options

henapple said:
    Seriously though. When you were setting up your second account did they not ask any questions??
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    No no, well taken.  I had read some posts others made making brownies and they all pointed at around 30-35 minutes.  This was my first attempt with CI, we have several Griswolds that my wife has spruced up and have been anxious to put them to use.  I assumed that the platesetter was the way to go.  One thing I have learned from reading this forum, is that everyone has their own way of doing things !  They are awesome, regardless of how long they took to make !
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Do the brownies pick up much of a smoke flavor?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    Just a tad of the smoke flavor.  They are really good.  Have taken to chocolate chip cookies too... Mix em up and spread out on the skillet- 27 minutes at 350-375.  Wife spent time over the winter cleaning up several CI skillets we have had forever, passed down from parents.  All 50 plus years old minimum.