Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

duplicate remote monitors

Options
Zmokin
Zmokin Posts: 1,938
Anyone here have an Ivation?  It looks exactly like a Maverick except the name & logo, makes me think it's just another name on the same made in china product.  BTW, I just had my 3rd Maverick failure.  i seem to get a year or two out of them and then they stop working.  I've never had a TV remote fail and the amount of electronics is probably on par, so I am definitely not pleased with the longevity of a simple wireless two probe temp monitor.
Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
 and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

Comments

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    After buying several of those, you'd be well on ur way to a wifi stoker or cyberq cost I'd think
    or is it the convenience of no AC required?  

I would use use my cyber q more if I didn't hv to run the bloody orange ext cord outside..

if you find a reliable one I'm interested for above reason !
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    swordsmn said:
    After buying several of those, you'd be well on ur way to a wifi stoker or cyberq cost I'd think

I would use use my cyber q more if I didn't hv to run the bloody orange ext cord outside..

I do like the freedom of battery power
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I have had my 732 for 2 years without fail.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    swordsmn said:

I have one and have been using it for a year now.  I just put new batteries in it this weekend.  It works fairly well, but when I use it at night and place it in my bedroom table next to me it will disconnect.  It says it will go up to 300', but my XL is only about 60' away.  I hear the Maverick 735 that connects with smart phones does a better job and you can hook up to 4 probes to it.  It comes with 2 and is sold on Amazon for about $80.http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Bluetooth-Wireless-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B00THCADP4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430750726&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=mavirck+et+735
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.