Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick Calibration?

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
The "food" probe is reading 75* too high, the other side is accurate. I've switched probes and tested 4 different ones. Is it possible to calibrate these things?
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    Something is wonky. If you've  tried all the different probes, etc then call the company and see if they will replace.

Usually, high readings are either a bad probe, probe not pushed far enough into the transmitter, or dead batteries. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• jls9595
    Options
    changed the batteries too. guess I'll give them a call. thanks
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    @jls9595 ... Did you every get any info on your problem?  I have a Maverick 732 and it's reading about 30* high.  Tried to use it for  a cook last night and realized that it was way off.  This morning my 75* room was reading 109*
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • EggHead_Bubba
    EggHead_Bubba Posts: 566
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    The "food" probe is reading 75* too high, the other side is accurate. I've switched probes and tested 4 different ones. Is it possible to calibrate these things?
    Thanks for mentioning this. I have the same Maverick and I'm going to test both probes along with the BGE dome thermometer in boiling water tonight. I'll calibrate the BGE thermometer and see how the Maverick probes look. If they are off I will be contacting them.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• jls9595
    Options
    I never did contact them. Just used it for my overnight cook with the knowledge that the food probe was off. It stayed pretty consistently *75 too high as the butts cooked as I tested with my thermapen. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!