Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GOING ALL IN!

Options
I have recently sold my Weber Performer, my Weber Genesis, and all the other various grills I owned in favor of my LBGE. I currently have a large Egg, nest, folding side tables, plate setter, ash tool, and Thermapen. I removed the other grills in favor of going all in on the Egg-spereince. What other egg-cessories do you have that make your egg more enjoyable and elevate your experience?

My preliminary thoughts for possible additions:

1. Kick Ash Basket
2. BBQ Guru
3. Egg Table

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I don't really see the need of getting rid of everything, but that's your call on that.  Sometimes you need other cooking vessels.  

Here's my take: 

Extended cooking surface/raised type cooking - AR or some type of extender. 

CI pans

CI Griddle

Kick Ash basket seems like a good thing, but I don't really have an issue with just scooping out by hand.  

BBQ Guru, well, I don't use mine much to be honest.  It's only for 10-15% of the time for low and slows, etc... Other wise I don't use one.  

Table is nice to have.  Extended work space is great.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I have two larges so I had a table built that can hold both of them. 

What do I own that makes the experience better? A Thermapen, a Maverick, and Hi Que grates. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    I have a BBQ Guru and love it on overnight cooks, lets me sleep comfortably knowing the fan and thermostat will keep the temp right for me.  I've wanted to build a table since I got my Egg but I've held off on that and I don't think I'm going to build one.  I've seen a couple of horror stories on here and I like the mobility the nest provides.  I have purchased a rolling table that I can move near my egg to prep with and provide more space.  The best accessory I've found is a handle mounted battery powered LED light for night cooks and when it's getting dark.  I found it at my dealer so I don't have a link for it but it mounts right behind the large handle on one side and the light unit slides in and out of its holder.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    some type of raised grid.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Meat and beverages. And a weed burner. The weed burner before too many beverages. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • AHawk
    AHawk Posts: 8
    Options
    I'll agree with Aukerns08.  The BBQ guru is well worth the money.  First butt I cooked went out over night.  Bought one of these and it's WONDERFUL.  Also a couple cast iron skillets for steaks etc. And the indirect heat stones as well.  Enjoy!

• SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    Add a raised grid and a pizza stone. Pizza stone is great for all kinds of baking. Raised grid opens the world of raised direct cooking over a small fire, and expands the capacity of the Egg.
  • Spydermunky
    Spydermunky Posts: 75
    Options
    I have a BBQ Guru CyberQ.  It may be an expensive tool, but it is definitely worth it.  Being able to control your egg from anywhere is a valuable capability.
    Large Green Egg

Kansas City, KS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A bottle of Kentucky Bourbon, weed burner and good insurance ;)
    Options
    A bottle of Kentucky Bourbon, weed burner and good insurance ;)
    I forgot to add a Mapp torch! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    My egg (and this forum) is tempting me to do the opposite. Since getting the egg I've added a Joe Junior and an Anova sous vide and now I'm seriously considering a Blackstone Griddle. I also have my eye on a cabinet smoker and possibly a wok burner. Might even add a weber kettle. I really appreciate the flexibility of the egg, but sometimes another tool does some things better and/or just allows you to do more stuff at once. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.