Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

General Table Build Suggestions

Options
I just purchased a Large Big Green Egg this weekend and I would like to build a basic table to use it on. Some things I would like to include are a working surface on both sides of the egg as well as integrated storage for charcoal and accessories (such as the plate setter and additional grill racks).

Is there a thread that exists with general build requirements for the various size eggs such as hole dimensions, table height requirements, etc? I searched around the forums but couldn't find any type of definitive source on this information.

Comments

• Turk2011
    Turk2011 Posts: 65
    Options
    Try the Naked Whiz site. That should get you a good start then just change or add to it what you want. 
    Swampeast , MO  XL 2013  MM 2015
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome. What area of the country are you in, is the egging area exposed to the elements and do you intend on leaving it in the elements or rolling into a covered area when not egging?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Welcome. I wish I'd waited to build my table. It's heavy and a PITA to move around. I turned it over when trying to roll it into the garage and the egg nearly went Humpty Dumpty.  If I was doing it again, I'd probably build a work table and leave the egg in a nest with handlers, or buy a SS cart. 

That said, naked whiz has some basic plans and you could try the search function here or cruise the table section. 
  • LWhitson2
    Options
    Welcome. What area of the country are you in, is the egging area exposed to the elements and do you intend on leaving it in the elements or rolling into a covered area when not egging?

I'm in Indiana and yes, I do plan on covering it when not in use. I have been looking at the covers on the-cover-store.com to get an idea on the overall table size (based on their cover sizes). Also, my plan is to put it on casters so I have some mobility if needed as well.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Do not skimp on the casters. They will carry a lot of weight and small diameter wheels get caught in the slightest of cracks. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Are you wanting wood or metal. Longevity is gonna be SS all day long and you won't have to worry about the table ever smoldering etc.
    Egg tables should be personal so, look around for ideas and make it your very own. Good luck. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Spydermunky
    Options
    I used these plans to build mine and I love it.
    Large Green Egg

Kansas City, KS
  • MeanBone
    MeanBone Posts: 15
    Options
    My local BGE dealer has a local contractor make tables much cheaper.  I'm having him make one 6' long.  30" table on the left, 22" hole for the LBGE and 20" table on the right allowing me to work both sides.  Hope to have it this week.
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Welcome. Naked whiz has lots of pics of tables. Charcoal lump ratings. Lots of great stuff.