Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin with apples

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good recipes for apple stuffed pork loin???? I would like to try this weekend...tks

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    chuck,
    We recently butterflied a pork loin and laid on a covering of (peeled) apple slices, dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Egged indirect at 350, about 20 minutes to the pound.[p]Ken

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    chuck,
    this one from my sister in wyoming. ...[p]take a package of stouffers wild rice stuffing mix. ..add warm water to it (i can't remember the exact amoung, but its like 1/4 cup LESS than required by the package) to moisten it up. ...butterfly a pork loin, season with some dizzy raging river (this is my addition to the recipe), lay the stuffing and a couple of chopped up apples on it, wrap it up with bacon slices, tie it with string, then roast it indirect at around 350 degrees till done. . .

• Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Did you use bacon strips like Max before tying it up?[p]Thanks.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    Nope. We've done bacon strips and it's very good that way, but decided not to this time.[p]Ken

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Appreciate that....btw I love the dizzy pig rub for ribs
    I haven't tried the others. I normally pull at 170 internal...what about yourself????

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    chuck,
    i pull the pork at around 145 internal. .. 170 sounds like the old way, pure white and dry. ...go a little lighter on the temp, its ok for the meat to pink and juicy. . ..[p]and the dizzy rub is definitely optional on this one. ..some salt and pepper is fine, but it is easy with the stuffing and chopped apple, the the juices from the apple and the loin, make the stuffing taste that much better. ...