Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Pork Spares tonight

Options
Baby Backs were frozen on the shelf at the grocery store.  So I had to buy the more expensive spares at the counter (because they are apparently fresh from a local farmer).  Whatever.  I can never tell the difference.  Kids liked them.  They just tore the heck out of them to get all the gristley stuff off before eating them.  All the stuff that isn't on baby backs.  Which I usually buy.  Next time I'll just drive to the next store if I have to.  Still really good.  350 dome for 1:40.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    They look very tasty! Not sure what you mean about tearing the gristle off. You might want to trim your spares to St Louis style in the future before cooking them. 
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    I had thought about trimming them.  Probably should have.  Had I known the kids were going to destroy them the way they did I would have.  Next time I'll just get the baby backs at the next store.  Just easier.  And I prefer the baby backs, too.  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]