Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Treated frame

Options
I'm currently running ideas through my head on what I would like in a table. I know that I want to have cabinet space and drawers so I'm looking at incorporating that along with some other design ideas. My group question is on types of lumber for the frame. I am leaning towards framing the structure out of treaded lumber and cladding all of it in Eastern Red Cedar. This of course is a cost saving measure so that I can add a little flair and personalization to the fold. 

Has as anyone had issues with doing this or know of successes in using treated for the frame? The top will more than likely be my biggest expense as I'm either going to go with concrete or Quartz (if the local cabinet shops have the right price). Just want to make sure that this lasts and can show off the beauty of my LBGE. Thanks. 

1 XLBGE and 1 MiniMax

Madison, AL

Life is good, why wouldn’t it be, I’m a Pirate after all. 

Comments

• mick7607
    mick7607 Posts: 85
    Options
    No real need for treated unless it's going to be exposed to the elements. I used 2x4 select grade for frame, clad with yellow pine (since it was to be painted) and used eastern red cedar for top and bottom shelf. You'll love the cedar.
    Laurens,SC