Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No meat markets in Austin TX area.

Options
I was talking to another cook at Salado on Saturday about the lack of a real meat market in the Austin TX area. Talking to a customer of mine in the meat business, he mentioned that meat markets can't compete on price with the large chains and that fewer American families are buying fresh meat that is cut to order rather than cryovaced at the processing plant or eating processed foods. The best ones I have found in Austin are in asian and mexican grocery stores where customers still order meat cut to order. I travel a lot in Texas and see the same thing in most places. What's it like where you live/cook?
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments