Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook

Options
i hate to admit this but I have had this little fella for 3 months and today is the first time I have used it. Decided today while at the Amish market to pick up some apple maple grillers. Fired it up and someone else thinks that this is "his new egg". 

Comments

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    I like how easy it is to get it up to temp compared to my XL. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great to me. Glad your little friend finally got to see  "his" egg in action!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    good job> better late than never. gotta love you didn't have to buy something to get raised direct
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Yes that is a very big bonus that came with this. I have to say overall the whole package is great. The adjustable rig is well made and there is a trap door in the great to add smoking chips. After the first use I now understand why a lot of people use their smaller "egg" a lot more than their big brother. The reason I wanted this was to save on lump. This thing holds three handfuls of lump compared to my XL that needs a third of a bag each cook. 

I may have to cook on it again in a few days. 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    nice to see pictures of an egg that is still creamy white. When it comes time to replace my gasket I think I'll try a long clean burn to restore that white dome for a while. I noticed last night the black on my dome is flaking off in spots, so before that falls off on my food...

Hard to believe I spent all those years "cooking" on a charcoal Webber. Better described as "barely controlled chaotic inconsistency"

Now I can see the need for two sized eggs to properly be the house grill master.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.