Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much for a "new" (old style) mini from a dealer?

Options
I stumbled across a mini at a dealer that is an older style.  It had a lantern handle and one arm on the band.  Sorry no photo.  He's asking $350.  What say you?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    $250....maybe
    Seattle, WA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    $250....maybe
    I agree, but while I was at it I'd try to get him to at least sell you an upgraded spring band at HIS cost! One other question - does it even have a stainless steel vent door with screen?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Price on "NEW " style MINI with a NEST AT Salado EggFest March 14th is $299 in the two boxes. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Even bigger question is the size of the grid. If the old style a Woo will not fit it. Very important. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @RRP - Yes it has the SS lower vent with screen.

@Mickey - Excellent point about the grid size.  About the Salado price point:  I was thinking about driving to TO and stowing away in Little Steven's luggage.  Alas, like him, the suitcases were undersized as well.

I think I'll go with $250 and Ron's suggestion about buying the new bands at his cost.  He can only say no.
    Flint, Michigan
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    I'd offer 200. Let him work you up to 220 and call it quits.

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,043
    Options
    I bought one of those new from my dealer for 225, 2 years ago.  I use it about once a week but I hate the hinge. It's pretty wonky.  When I break it down to put on a gasket I'm gonna order some bands.
  • Mickey
    Options
    You are going to want the new hinge (thinking $65). The grid is a big deal as its about $50 for the larger SS one.