Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Lawn Ranger - I renewed my old Grid Lifter

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
This weekend I decided after some 12+ years my genuine ONE of a kind, "found wood" handle of my grill lifter needed to be spruced up! After wiping it down well with mineral spirits to get the hand prints from years of dirt I then applied 2 coats of spar poly. This effort will make my beloved grid lifter last for MANY more years! Thanks Mike!!! The angle may not show it at first glance, but look again for the "RRP" engraved near the front.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,125
    Options
    Looks cool. What exactly is a grid lifter and what do you use it for?

I use welder gloves to move my grill grates. I don't see how that bar works.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Chowman
    Chowman Posts: 159
    Options
    That's a real treasure! Nicely done. @Ozzie_Isaac I think you just insert the bar straight down between two grate bars, then angle the handle down and it lifts the grate up on an angle.
  • RRP
    Options

Looks cool. What exactly is a grid lifter and what do you use it for?

I use welder gloves to move my grill grates. I don't see how that bar works.

Here you go...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @RRP and @Chowman thanks guys. Now I see it. Cool looking tool! Love the bottle opener too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options

@RRP and @Chowman thanks guys. Now I see it. Cool looking tool! Love the bottle opener too.

truth of the matter is I received that fob, before Christmas from Chris at Dizzy Pig along with an assortment of DP rubs which I then sent to your Father! But I did keep the fob for myself! Small world, huh? LOL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Defintely a small world!
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@RRP

What the heck is that shiny thing that your lifter is in...my grate sure doesn't look like that

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• RRP
    Options
    bcsnave said:

@RRP

What the heck is that shiny thing that your lifter is in...my grate sure doesn't look like that

LOL! That is one of the two cleaned up grids I start with in my classes. Most newbies don't understand or cotton to cruddy grates. After they become real eggers they understand, but early on the yuck factor reins!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    LawnRanger Rules:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    His newest addition is this set of handles to lift this with.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tisoypops
    Options
    Mickey, that's some sick gear you have there sir! Very nice
    LBGE | Conroe, TX