Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who has a good, easy wings recipe?

Options
Prep?
Grill set-up?
Temp?
Time?

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    My goto easy wings: Tyson wingettes from walmart. Liberal coat of Plowboys yard bird. Light dusting of corn starch. Indirect at 350ish till done.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    search for cazzy`s wings. They are Awesome.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    If I want quick, easy wings, I just grill some direct at 350 or so until nice and crispy, and then toss them in my choice of premade buffalo sauce.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• tisoypops
    tisoypops Posts: 267
    Options
    Google dirty steves wings. For setup same as above 350-375 ind. if all else fails theres no easier than just adding some bottle of sauce from the grocery store to some cooked wings. Dirty steves is just that with equal parts of about 6 or so different seasonings to spice it up.
    LBGE | Conroe, TX
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Jeremiah's recipe is pretty much what I follow- and I learned of the baking powder trick on this forum ;-)  . 

One other thing for a marinade that works well with chicken is equal parts white wine and lemon juice with a little Worcestershire sauce in it, some salt and a little white pepper.  I know this adds another step but marinating chix wings, breasts, legs, or thighs in it for a couple of days prior to cooking has always been a hit.  if you're going indirect with the baking powder trick, be sure to let them air dry in fridge or pat dry with paper towel before you coat them with baking powder.

good egging!

• mgillia
    mgillia Posts: 89
    Options
    Search Wings Marinated in Coke 30/20/10.  They are easy and excellent!

Shiny side up, rubber side down!  PCB, FL

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Raised direct at 350-375 for an hour or maybe a little less with some rub. Pull and coat in a mix of 3/4 cup of Choluha's garlic hot sauce and 1/4 cup ranch dressing. Back on egg for 10 mins or so.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

375 raised direct - 50 minutes

Jamaican Firewalk Rub from Dizzy

New Albany, Ohio 

• StillSmoken
    Options
    I'm with the raised direct crowd. A little kosher salt and pepper. 350 direct 45-60min. Mix Franks hot sauce, a little melted butter, and a splash apple cider vinegar. Toss those baby's or serve sauce on the side.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Why cornstarch?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • grey_bri
    Options
    Try one packet of Italian Style Shake'n Bake smoked paprika, rosemary Dash cumin and dash of savoury. Paprika 'till a nice light red colour and rosemary ground up and couple shakes or if you can find paprika and rosemary together great. Indirect platesetter legs down 300- 350 'till nice and crispy. Just awesome!! 
    Owen Sound On. For now 1large 2mini's 1exl and 1 6burner Vermont Casting
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Why cornstarch?

Helps to get the skin crispy. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

Why cornstarch?

Helps to get the skin crispy. 

a little goes a long way, kind of like mayo on Tom's ribs. :D
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Whole wings or parts, fridge uncovered at least 8-12 hours, rub of your choice but no oil. Grill 400 indirect or direct (less to worry about indirect) can always char at end if desired. About an hour if whole wings or 40 if parts. Take off and toss in sauce below. Also, check out @Dyal_SC jalamango wings. They are tasty.

Sauce: 3 tbs butter, 1/2 cup sriracha and 3/4 cup Cholula or whatever hot sauce you like. Sometimes will add dried basil or other spices to taste. Won't buy wings sauce again.
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Georgia Red wings, I go indirect 400ish for about an hour.