Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's 8 Racks (and 2 Spatch . . .)

Options
So we went to a holiday gift swap back in December and my contribution was a St. Louis 2 pack with a jar of Dizzy Dust . . . plus a card that promised I'd egg 'em for the lucky winner.  My Rib Gift got traded around all night and, after lots of beverages and laughter, SWMBO and I had invited a bunch of people over for what we were calling RibFest 2015 -- Sunday 1/25.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Over the last few weeks, that "bunch of people" magically turned into 21 and SWMBO's laughter faded into the practiced eye roll of a spouse who patiently knows it's happened again.  

I've never egged more than 4 racks, so I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants after reading all of the forum's "how many racks" posts.  Anyway, I just got 8 on -- 2 down and 6 up in an inverted vee roasting rack.  The ribs sat wrapped in rub over night (a combo job based on the Dizzy Dust gift and supplemented with a bunch of "hamsters" I had around -- gotta use those 1/4 bottles for something).  I'm planning on my usual 225-250 for 5-6 hours, cherry and pecan chunks, no foil but maybe a spritz if I get concerned about them drying out.   

Guests arrive around 4 and I'm hoping to have them off about then.  FTC and maybe finish 4 racks with sauce on the grill.  That'll be while the 2 spatched chickens are resting, because SWMBO was worried we won't have sufficient proteins to feed the horde and I've got 2 birds all rubbed up in the fridge.  

We'll see how this goes . . . with any luck, I'll send some pix along the way.  On the pro side, the egg hasn't let me down yet and the forum has been a huge help.  I'm either going to make some egg converts of the group that's coming over at 4 or not be so bold in my invites in the future.  

Cheers, all.
imageimage
It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments