Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scored a large

Options
So I search craigslist religiously.  I love looking for deals.  Thought I would tell of my recent BGE adventure.

Saw a LBGE posted on CL and it was a 5 hours old posting.  I like the 600ish range for buying a used LBGE and others had listings for 1000, 900, etc. I email those guys and low ball them and they don't budge.  I just shake my head and smile when that happens.

So, I ran across this post from a guy named, Lee.  He is selling his LBGE and apparently only needs 1 at his lake house that he is moving to.  So the egg at his other house has to go!

He lists it for 650, I offer 600 and get a no from him.  I say, fine, and agree to 650!  I mean, it comes with the composite table so I thought it was a good deal.

Met him at his house in a great subdivision and he addresses my as a different name!  Apparently he had another guy named Steve coming to look at the egg as well, from a bit farther than I drove.  I agreed to give the guy 10 min since he was running late and in the mean time started inspecting the egg.  It was clean. New gasket, well cared for.  Put on my rubber gloves and started pulling out the pieces.  Lee mentioned that I came prepared.  I told him I knew I was buying it.  Hands down.  Once all the internal components are out I notice its pristine!  I pull out a socket and ask if I can loosen the bands and load it up.  He asked for the money, I paid him and smiled.  10 minutes later I'm all loaded up and on the road.

This egg is for my brother who has been using my small on loan, so I'll get my small back and he can have the large since the bug has bit him.

Long story short is.....Steve, thanks for being late to the ballgame.  I'll treat her well.

And a clean burn to welcome it to the family!!

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...

Comments