Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE for Christmas and Table

Options
I was blessed this Christmas with an Egg. I am loving it so far. I had an idea it was coming so I built the table ahead of time. It's not super fancy but I had to keep costs down. I used a kreg jig which worked out awesome and kept all the screws hidden. It's all cedar except for the granite which I picked up at a surplus store. The granite had a rough edge but I was able to cut it with a masonry blade on a circular saw. It was a lot easier than I expected.

Since the Egg was a gift, I got the whole package with it (nest, PS, etc.). I was able to take the middle part of the nest and use it to provide an air gap under the egg. It saved me from having to shell out for the official table nest. So far it's been real sturdy and has worked great.

I have been surfing the forum a lot already. Thank you everyone for all the great info. Looking forward to a lot of good cooks in 2015.

Comments