Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NYE app idea; thoughts?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
http://bsugarmama.com/buffalo-chicken-balls/. Here's my idea on this, wrap it in bacon, treat it like a Moink Ball. Sound good?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• MadcapMagician
    Options
    I think it might be better.....ready for it???? Wrapped in bacon and smoked
    1 brand new XL BGE 1-22" WSM 1-Weber Performer 1-Four Seasons gasser West Islip, New York
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    These actually don't look to bad at all.  Do a 50/50 batch.  50% like the recipe directs, and 50% in the bacon wrap and see which way turns out better.  I would bet it wouldn't be bad with ground turkey either.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I don't normally buy ground chicken or turkey.  does anyone know what it is made from?
    Is it typically ground breast meat?
    As i would prefer to make them out of ground thigh meat.

And to go one step further than wrapped in bacon and smoked.

first stuff it in a mushroom cap, then wrap in bacon and smoke.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I'm thinking no added wing sauce in the meatball, sprinkle the bacon wrapped chicken ball with DP Swamp Venom, and add wing sauce at the end.  If they come out too hot, have blue cheese dressing for dipping.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm with @Zmokin, I don't normally buy ground birds, but I did just get 10 whole birds, so I may end up making some of my own ground bird.

I think you could take this a lot of ways.  I pulled the recipe into my "To Try" file for down the road.  Don't know if I'm going to get anything done for NYE.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen