Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's PIZZA Time

Options
onedbguru
onedbguru Posts: 1,647
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
After Prime Rib, Soups and salads, it's time for Pizza.  ~650-675 for approximately 6 minutes. DANG was this good.

Comments

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Great looking pie!  Been way too long since I made pizza.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • DRKEgg
    DRKEgg Posts: 37
    Options
    Pizza time tonight for us as well. In one of my finer moments, Pizza #2 slid right off the paddle after pulling off the BGE!
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I could go for some pizza right now but I had leftovers. I will have some soon though. Your pizza looks mighty good right abot now. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Good looking pie.  After holiday food overload I went to my favorite tacqueira tonight and got myself some tacos.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That's a good looking pizza.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • i1linda
    Options
    I've had my large BGE 3 weeks - first time making pizzas tonight. Utilized leftover prime rib for some awesome pies - if I do say so myself. Garlic cream sauce, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed balsalmic red onions, mozzarella, thinly sliced medium rare prime rib and blue cheese crumbles. OMG!! I've enjoyed my new BGE in the last few weeks, but now I'm in LOVE ❤️
  • i1linda
    Options
    Here are the pictures - forgot to post them.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    i1linda said:

I've had my large BGE 3 weeks - first time making pizzas tonight. Utilized leftover prime rib for some awesome pies - if I do say so myself. Garlic cream sauce, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed balsalmic red onions, mozzarella, thinly sliced medium rare prime rib and blue cheese crumbles. OMG!! I've enjoyed my new BGE in the last few weeks, but now I'm in LOVE ❤️

Those deserve their own thread!
    Don't be shy, brag.
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Got a pizza stone for Xmas and can't wait to try it out. What do you all do for dough??

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• i1linda
    Options
    We used pizza dough recipe from big green egg cookbook/website:

Pizza Dough
    If you have never cooked a pizza over the coals, you are missing a real treat! The EGG produces the same results as cooking pizza in a brick oven. This particular dough recipe cooks thin and crisp and is the perfect base for your favorite toppings. You will get the best results if the EGG and the Baking Stone are very hot before you begin cooking.

Ingredients:
    1 cup warm water (105º to 115ºF)
    1 teaspoon granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon active dry yeast
    3 cups all-purpose flour plus extra as needed
    1 teaspoon table salt
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    Cornmeal for dusting
    Method
    Pour the water into a liquid measuring cup, add the sugar, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid becomes frothy.
    Pour the flour and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the yeast mixture, and mix on low speed until combined. Add the olive oil and continue to mix on low. Once blended, knead the dough on low speed for 5 to 6 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
    Turn the dough onto a Dough Rolling Mat or a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 11⁄2 hours, or until doubled in size.
    Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Form the dough into a ball and, using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a disk and dust with flour.
    Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 600°F/316°C.
    To roll and bake, using a rolling pin roll a dough disk into a 10 to 12 inch circle. Lightly dust the pizza peel with cornmeal. Place the rolled-out dough onto the pizza peel, top with the desired toppings and gently slide the dough directly onto a preheated Baking Stone. Cook for 5 minutes or until the dough is lightly brown and crisp. Repeat for the remaining dough disks.
    Makes 4 pizzas