Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rotisserie turkey on my large bge

Options
I went on YouTube and more or less copied somebody else's idea on building this contraption. This is the second turkey to be cooked this way. I brined the bird for 24 hours, then injected 2 1/2 sticks of melted butter into it, unsalted of course. Someone on this forum suggested that I put a potato in the cavity to keep it from flopping around on the rod. I didn't do that the first time and boy did it flop. This time there is a potato in the cavity and I tied it up good and snugg, so far it is rotating beautifuly. The last thing I did was oil it up with canola oil. Then dusted it very liberaly with bge dizzy gourmet simply sensational flavor. I am going to cook around 300 or so until done since my bride and I are alone today an we don't have a set time when to eat. It is cold and windy out today so we are going to have to think of something to do until then. Hum, what to do,what to do. maybe we can think of something else to oil up, but back to the subject. I will post pictures of the cook as it progresses.
San Angelo, texas

Comments