Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midnight (Mexican pizza and potatoes)

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum

Whoohoo! Midnight Eggin'

I'm not really sure if it's called a Mexican pizza, but it has Mexican ingredients such as huevos, a tortilla, peppers in the pepper jack cheese, and Taco Bell hot sauce. Also, it was cooked on a BGE manufactured in Mexico. So it's more Mexican than not. In addition to the pizza, I made some hasselhof potatoes because @anton‌ posted them earlier. I made two different things just in case one of them failed.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Part II

imageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    That looks very interesting and very tasty..Great post..Your pics as said before are beyond belief and worthy of a food magazine...Have a great day.. :-O
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • stemc33
    Options
    Thanks @johnmitchell‌, I wasn't sure how it was going to come out. I figured I was going to burn the tortilla or that it would get so crispy that it would just fall apart. It came out really good. Very tasty. the weather has been extremely nice lately and I am enjoying these late night cooks. Once again, thanks so much for the kudos.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Incrediblepizza,good to know I'm not the only nocturnal egger! I will come home after night or swing shift sometimes, fire the egg up at 2,3,4 in the morning sometimes for a quick steak and such. Again those pics look delicious @stemc33
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Keep these coming - great ideas, creative stuff and I love the morning delivery!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Okay, I've finally figured it out ... eat my oatmeal and wait a half hour before reading your midnight series of posts.  Kind of like the "waiting a half hour before swimming" rule when we were kids.  Very interesting cooks and fantastic pictures ... keep them coming.

It did fall a little short in the "Mexican" department ... just needed to be folded in half and then it would have been an official quesadilla.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Stemm, that looks fantastic.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale! Pizza looking fantastic :D
    Merrie Melodies - Pizarriba: http://youtu.be/Sq1VjxFxvGI
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    edited December 2014
    Options

Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale! Pizza looking fantastic :D

@NPHuskerFL‌, you are the YouTube master. It amazes me that you can find a YouTube clip for everything. I haven't seen Speedy Gonzalez since I was a kid.

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great!  Did you pre-cook the tater slices on the pizza at all first?  

I love using tortillas as pizza crust.  I was really surprised the first time I did it just how good it was.  I have had a few late night snacks with 'tillas and whatever I have on hand ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice looking food
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hit it and quit it...nice work
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ekuapa
    ekuapa Posts: 128
    Options
    To be honest,  we don't use pepper jack cheese, and Taco Bell hot sauce, we have better cheese and better homemade salsa. we do use a lot of tortillas, and more when we are grilling.
    Saying that Mexican food is all about tortillas and cheese would be like saying McRib is the best ribs on earth so don't generalize. And no, I'm not butthurt, just trying to bring some light to friends.
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ekuapa said:
    To be honest,  we don't use pepper jack cheese, and Taco Bell hot sauce, we have better cheese and better homemade salsa. we do use a lot of tortillas, and more when we are grilling.
    Saying that Mexican food is all about tortillas and cheese would be like saying McRib is the best ribs on earth so don't generalize. And no, I'm not butthurt, just trying to bring some light to friends.

Seriously?
  • ekuapa
    ekuapa Posts: 128
    Options
    Always...
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L