Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midnight Tuna (BGE Burger Press)

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
edited December 2014 in Seafood
Another nice night to egg. Started with a canned Wild Planet albacore steak(Did not drain fat/juice). Combined tuna, spices, crackers, mayo and egg. Used my new BGE Stuff-A-Burger Press. Added some cheese. This was the first time using the press so I went easy on the stuffing. Plus, I didn't really know how this was going to work with the tuna fish. Used an Apple chunk for smoke. Pretty tasty. I also topped with some Chow Chow relish(not pictured) for added taste and moisture.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    You are firing on all cylinders lately. Looks fantastic.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    Options
    As someone said yesterday....It is great to wake up with your coffee and be confronted with these awesome cooks and pics...Lord have Mercy this one is beyond Fantastic... ~O)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Cool idea - looks great!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    How did the patty hold together?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stemc33
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @WeberWho?‌, The egg binds it together. I got distracted when I went to flip it and it slid off spatula and it landed on the edge of the the grate. So it was half on the expanded aluminum and half on the grate. Only lost a little hunk. I thought for sure the whole patty was a goner. The chunk that broke off went through the grate and landed in the notch of the fire ring. Would of been perfect though if the dogs didn't distract me.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    As someone said yesterday....It is great to wake up with your coffee and be confronted with these awesome cooks and pics...Lord have Mercy this one is beyond Fantastic... ~O)
    @johnmitchell ... Yes it is great, but then I have to eat my oatmeal after/while looking at this mouth watering food.

@stemc33 ... another interesting cook ... thanks ... you take really great pics with your camera phone!!!

A couple of words on the expanded aluminum please.  Haven't seen that mentioned elsewhere.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks awesome.  I love a good tuna melt!  I have been eating sort of low carb lately so it looks perfect for my diet.  Although, I can't help thinking how good it would be on a couple of thick slices of toasted sourdough ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stemc33
    edited December 2014
    Options

That looks awesome.  I love a good tuna melt!  I have been eating sort of low carb lately so it looks perfect for my diet.  Although, I can't help thinking how good it would be on a couple of thick slices of toasted sourdough ;).

Thanks everyone.

@SmokeyPitt‌, I was going to put it on bread, but figured the cracker crumbs substituted for the bread. I opted for lettuce & tomato instead.

@Jeepster47‌, if you look at the picture of the patty on the grill, you'll see the expanded aluminum. These are just disposable aluminum things that you buy in pretty much any BBQ section. Even though disposable, I've had mine for a year or so. Just scrub em up and bend back in place. Keeps fish from falling the grill. Great for veggies too.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @stemc33 ... thanks.  I did notice the expanded aluminum it in your pics, but then had to ask when you mentioned it.  Probably have seen it in the BBQ section, but there is so much there that seems gimmicky, that it didn't register.

The second best thing about posted pictures, is the item or two that shows up in the background.  Kind of like having a neighbor up the street show you what equipment they use in their cooks.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    I find those screens at the grocery store usually - I love them and like foil pans, I always have them around.  I agree, you can reuse if you don't bend too much and scrub them up.  I've tossed in the dishwasher and I've left in for clean burns.  they can really help load or move things around quickly when you don't want to leave the lid up for long.
  • stemc33
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Edited- Oops, went to post another pic, but it disappeared.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming