Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mickey, you've converted me!!

Options
Greeno55
Greeno55 Posts: 635
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
@Mickey‌ - I've been craving ribs recently but just haven't had the time to do the usual 5 hour low and slows. I decided that since there was a rack and a half of baby backs thawed, I'd go turbo for dinner tonight. Did the full rack with the Memphis dry rub from amazingribs.com, and the half with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar sauce. I have to say, other than letting the temps get away from me for the last half hour, and overcooking the short ends, I couldn't tell the difference between them and the L&S. I'm a full convert right now. So excited that delicious ribs can be a weeknight cook now. Sorry, no pics. But it did happen.

Cheers Mickey!
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I'm with you buddy. Sold and gave away two fan motors and all temps with wires. Plus I get to sleep all night now. Turbo rules.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    When I only had a Weber kettle, I did what was essentially a turbo cook for ribs.  When I got the Egg, I started low and slow, tried variations of foiling, not foiling, 3-2-1, etc..  After reading Mickey's posts, I was persuaded that a turbo cook is the way to go.   Highly recommended.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)