Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shipping screwup

Options
 So I ordered some stuff from Smokeware.net and the shipping is horrible, suppose to be delivered to Victoria BC Canada

DateTimeLocationStatus
December 16, 20145:49 pmLondon,Departed
December 14, 20148:17 pmVancouver,Departed
December 14, 20145:53 pmLondon,Departed
December 13, 201410:31 pmMiami,Departed
December 13, 20145:49 pmMiami,Arrived
December 13, 20145:18 amISC MIAMI FL (USPS),Processed Through Sort Facility
December 13, 20145:16 amISC MIAMI FL (USPS),Arrived at Sort Facility
December 10, 20144:40 amJACKSONVILLE, FL 32099Departed USPS Facility
December 8, 20149:36 pmJACKSONVILLE, FL 32099Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
December 8, 20148:21 pmJACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL 32250Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Comments

• islanderegger
    Options
    That is London, United Kindom  I just don't get it as it was in Vancouver, just an hour and a half ferry trip away.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I ship to Canada on a regular basis and 8 to 10 business days is commonplace! Blame the postal systems, NOT SmokeWare!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What?!? Just a few trans Atlantic flights later and...we're back where we started.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • islanderegger
    Options
    I'm not blaming Smokeware, that's just where it came from.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Agree, not their fault, just almost comical. When it went from USPS to international post, something went goofy.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • islanderegger
    Options
    I just hope to get it before Christmas, I thought you guys might like a chuckle,lol.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I'm guessing it has a wrong postal code on it, or one that is hard to decipher and is close to matching a London code
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Well, it gives you an excuse for a holiday in England. Tell em you'll pick it up there :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Having similar issue. Sure not the fault of Smokeware. The USPS is in control of mine. Mine was shipped on the 8th and still waiting. The USPS is over loaded and things are getting bumped to wrong locations. All my past orders have taken no more than 3 days from Smokeware. They are a great company and super nice people. It's only BBQ stuff so no real issue on the wait. Hope you get yours soon.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    RRP said:
    I ship to Canada on a regular basis and 8 to 10 business days is commonplace! Blame the postal systems, NOT SmokeWare!
    I've been on the receiving end of some of those shipments, never a problem.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

My guess is that the London that is referred to is London, ON.

I had a goofy FedEx overnight delivery that tracking that made no sense. I was at FedEx and they tracked it; they have a lot more info than you see on the website. The issue was FedEx had more containers than they had planes to haul them.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I bought a rack from them and it went to the moon and back.
    Dave - Austin, TX