Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What'd you ask for, for Chrismas...

Options
So, let's hear it....what's on your Christmas list for the Egg??

I got myself a gift of a thermapen on the way, should be here next Monday from their Cyber Monday sale...

Also may be getting the oversize thermometer for the XL!

Let's hear yours!

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Haven't asked for anything for Christmas yet. My bday is Tuesday and I have asked for a mini. Plus I will be getting myself the new iPhone 6 for my bday.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    @nphukserfl well said!! I'm the same way, hence why there's not a lot on my list!! Just curious what people are wanting!!

I might buy me a stoker or Cyber Q coming up soon as well!

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    My list is short. Thermal pop and a Yeti Rambler tumbler.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    My family is like Husker. Get it through the year. I did give my in laws and parents a short list as they want to get something. Decent knife(nothing fancy), CI...
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I am kind of like @NPHuskerFL. We also get what we want during the year instead of waiting until Christmas. So far this year I gave myself a new golf cart and a country club membership. I also built a 30 x 30 garage for my son to park his truck and 4 wheeler's etc in. I also bought a second large egg this year. 

I want a table. I can't decide what to do. One of my eggs is in the small wooden table that I bought from my dealer when I got my egg. My other large is in a nest. 

I am fine with my current setup except I need more storage space. Right now my old charcoal grill is slam full of all of my wood chips and chunks. The bottom shelf contains my cast iron grate, other smaller grates, and two platesetters. I am tired of the mess. 

I am thinking of having a table built not for either egg, but for storage. I wouldn't mind putting a tv on top of the table as well. 

More than likely I will not get this completed by Christmas since I haven't even picked a design out yet. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

A 7 qt. Dutch Oven
    New Albany, Ohio 

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nothing material this year.  Simply too much clutter and stuff I use once if at all

For Example the WOK I got two years ago that is sitting in the attic rusting away.

But I do wish for healthier new year and more time with my kids and some Egging time.  Maybe this will be the year I get off my butt and get healthy.

Garnerville, NY
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Adjustable Rig

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I am looking forward to cooks illustrated meat cookbook.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Tandoori oven

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fusionhq
    Options
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Now I wanna "Smoking Bull" <( see the thread in off-topic discussion and you'll know what I'm talking about)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I can't decide between a hippopotamus or my two front teeth.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options

I can't decide between a hippopotamus or my two front teeth.

Only hippopotamus's will do. ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Spoken like a true wolverine 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    We buy what we want during the year and buy for others for Christmas. There will be something to each other under the tree but my granddaughter and daughter will occupy most of the gift space under our tree.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Spoken like a true wolverine 
    Yeah, I oughta get the front teeth. I don't want to be mistaken for a buckeye!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    We just splurged on Sonos gear (wireless music setup) whole house is outfitted. All I can say is wow!
    Our Xmas to one another is done now kids and nieces/nephews
    Seattle, WA
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    A CI grid and pizza stone for my large.  A Smokeware Top to for my XL and some quart containers of Dizzy Pig's Raging River and Swamp Venom.  That would be a great Christmas.    
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I have mentioned this before - we celebrate all the holidays this time of year... Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas.

SWMBO will get things that she really "needs", like eggcessories, cooking/kitchen gear, etc. I get things that I really "need"... like hand-milled soaps, fancy lotions, etc.

Our system works perfectly! :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    DMW said:
    World peace
    You and Mrs. America! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    We just splurged on Sonos gear (wireless music setup) whole house is outfitted. All I can say is wow! Our Xmas to one another is done now kids and nieces/nephews
    We haven't setup the whole house (yet), but I really like it so far.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Normally, I buy what I want as soon as I figure out I want it.  but being unemployed now for a few months has me watching discretionary spending.  So, this year, I have identified a couple of things to put on my list.  A CD/DVD cleaner as my old one finally failed, and my replacement disc pad also had deteriorated, it was only about 20 years old or more.

I also want a Kick Ash basket and a Woo2.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Little Steven
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Nice!! @Little Steven

I found one for next to nothing. I'm hoping for  an opinion from Canugghead or caliking before I pull the trigger

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fusionhq
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌ as soon as Bose has a fully integrated system via Bluetooth, my house will be switched to 100% wireless.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah started with a pair of play 1's on thanksgiving night. Played them then paired as a stereo. Sold....bought the playbar and an additional play 1.
    Sold again....
    Luck struck and I came across a CL add for a brand new Sub woofer and play 1.

It was spendy but music is on more than tv here so it is very nice.
    Besides I've spend close to that on BGE stuff and this will be used much more.

Fusion why bose? Give these a listen.
    Seattle, WA
  • caliking
    Options

fusionhq said:
    @SkinnyV‌ as soon as Bose has a fully integrated system via Bluetooth, my house will be switched to 100% wireless.
    sonos runs on wifi. the units can actually run off their own network too. beats Bluetooth by far, and these sound very very good.

• caliking
    edited December 2014
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Nice!! @Little Steven

I found one for next to nothing. I'm hoping for  an opinion from Canugghead or caliking before I pull the trigger
    yo , buddy - send me the deets! pm or email. I'd love to take a peek. Gary's was practically unused.