Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yes We Cooked A Turkey Today

Options
Every year this century, and a few in the last century, we have enjoyed Thanksgiving with family or friends, either here or somewhere else. This year we thought we would stay home and cook our own turkey and just make it a low key day.

Another reason was due to my Sweetie coming down with a cold. She got over it in time but wasn't her usual perky self and she didn't want to give her cold to anyone else.

So we bought a turkey and here's some photos of what we did to it.

imageDSC02331 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02336 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02337 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02346 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02354 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02356 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02357 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02361 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02366 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

imageDSC02363 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Just some Bad Byron's Butt Rub and butter and some apples, carrots and celery in the cavity and some wine in the liquid. 350° indirect for just under 4 hours. Basted every 20 minutes after the first hour. Took off at 165° (170° in a couple of places) and let set for about 30 minutes. Carved according to the video I posted a few days ago (very easy that way). All very moist and juicy. One of our best ever.

And the turkey sandwich during the LSU/A&M game was absolutely perfect. The game was a bit unnerving at times but we won.

Now I can sleep.

Merry Christmas everyone...

Spring "Day Is Done, Gone The Sun ...." Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments