Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Chicken and Veggies

Options
Going through old post and I found @nolaegghead thread on the cast iron chicken recipe. Damn this was good and I wonder why I waited so long to try it
Chicken is splayed and has fresh Rosemary,Thyme,Oregano with 1/4 of an orange plugging both ends of the cavity and rubbed with SP&G. image I got the egg setting at 500 indirect with that extend grate thingy that was discussed here a few weeks ago. This is the 2nd or third time I've used it. Not the greatest thing since slice bread but I couldn't use my home raised grid and my skillet because it was to high for the dome to close so I broke into the land of forgotten toys. Everything gettin warm at 500° image Put the chicken in the hot CI and let it cook for 30mins then added the veggies after the pic. image Decided dessert need to be a cobbler so we thawed out some peaches and mixed berries. image Chicken done with the breast at 162° and thighs at 186° image And the lesson learned tonight was watch for pieces of lump on the fire ring. Evidently when I filled the small up for the cobbler cook I had a big piece of lump on fire ring and I just set the Woo right on top of it. Now my cobbler is hanging to the left of the pan. Still good but one of those WTF moments. image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments