Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE brand wireless thermometer trouble

Options
Hey fellows,
I bought a BGE brand wireless thermometer and the meat probe isn't working anymore. Anyone know where you can get a replacement probe? I didn't have much luck on google
cheers
In the Pacific Northwest We cook outside! Year round! 

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    A-MAZ-N products has them for about $14 each. They are also 6' instead of 3' long leads.

I bought 2.  works perfect on BGE  (Maverick-732 EXT)

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    What about Probes for the Digi Q? Any leads on inexpensive replacement?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Are the BGE working well otherwise? Just wondering, didn't know they made them.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    They don't...Maverick makes them for BGE

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• NeilTheBeerGuy
    Options
    bcsnave said:
    They don't...Maverick makes them for BGE

I agree but for now it's what I have. What do you suggest? @bcsnave‌
    In the Pacific Northwest We cook outside! Year round! 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Just get a Thermapen and it will the the only thermometer you will need.  Probe wires and fire create problems. IMO  

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    NeilTheBeerGuy .  I have the BGE brand Maverick set.  Works fine for my 10 months of ownership. Over 50 cooks...of every type. Coldest day cooking -9F...no prob!!!!

I ordered the new probes from AMAZN products....they work perfectly fine....never any problems.   

My original probes work fine as well, I just wanted the 6' length !!!!

Enjoy,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!