Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My apologies

Options
The month of October hasn't been good to me so far...due to some real life things happening that I wouldn't wish on any person, I've been very distracted from the usual day-to-day things that are also important.

One of the things that definitely got ignored was the Elf Exchange and for that, I'd like to sincerely apologize to @hondabbq‌ and @Lmidkiff‌ for my lack of follow up. There was no disrespect intended at all, please chalk it up to my mind being on other things; it was nothing personal but I could understand how it could be taken as such. Hell, my LBGE feels the same way since I can not tell you when the last time I fired it up!

My Elf, @hondabbq‌ was pretty damn generous to me.... Take a look -

I have to say that the highlight of this are the various sauces that he and his business partner PRODUCE AND RETAIL THEMSELVES! Due to the meals around my house consisting of take out and frozen pizzas the last 10-14 days, I haven't been able to try them yet, but I'm aiming for waking up my LBGE this weekend to do so. Since I'm a garlic fiend, I'm thinking of trying out the Sweet Sticky Garlic (on chicken, I'm thinking). I still don't know what I'm going to use the Basque Sugar Maple lump on (can't get it down here), but I tell ya it'll be on a quality piece of protein, that's for sure!

For @Lmidkiff‌ - I actually sent you 2 boxes, but UPS destroyed one of them. Since I didn't save my receipts for the contents, I can't file a claim with them, but I'm pretty damn sure that there is a UPS employee in your neck of the woods enjoying some spices and rubs that were in there! I do have replacement items ready to send you and will get that out this week.

Again, please accept my apologies, I certainly did not mean to appear ungrateful even though outwardly it probably seemed that way.
Large BGE

Neenah, WI

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Your good man!  Stuff happens and the same thing happened to me last fest.  Some fool in Canada enjoyed the first package I sent to canman, but it all worked out in the end.  I'm sure yours will too.  

Thanks for posting!  Great job @hondabbq    =D>
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Nice score @stoogie - I will be in the next exchange as I will have used up a lot of rubs and sauces on hand. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They have a palate of Basques Sugar Maple lump at my local hardware store and I started to buy some but haven't yet.  Anyone have experience with it?  Thoughts??

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Basque's natures own maple is good lump. Very neutral. Its up there with rockwood and ozark oak in my opinion.

• NervousDad
    Options
    ^ I've been using that a lot lately and my wife has finally started to not hate the "smokey" flavor of the egg :)  I really like it.

Aurora,OH