Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Bears are losing so it's time for Baby Backs!

Options
Smoking 2 slabs with Dizzy Pig Rub, 3 chucks of post oak and one chunk of Hickory at 235 grid. Here they are at 2 hours.

Comments

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great looking ribs. Wish the Bears could have played better.. Can't believe Miami played that well, but then again they beT my boys the first game.
  • dstearn
    Options
    Here is the finished product. Raisng the temp a bit plus using Dizzy Pig rub was a big improvement. Using 3/4 post oak and 1/4 hickory was a great combo.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2014
    Options

Good News Ribs. =D>

Bad News Bears.  #-o

Don't wanna be a fair weather fan, but . . .

. . .  there ain't been much fair weather in the Jay Cutler era.

Most of the [very few] sunny days had little to do with Cutler.

Maybe Jay should have somma your tasty looking ribs! 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It looked like the Bears were only playing with only 10 guys on Defense.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    Those look pretty
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I want my baby back baby back baby back.............

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Imagine how it will look next Sunday in New England!

Surely some other team has a use for Jay.  Right?

Maybe the Bears could trade him for a future 3rd round draft pick and a bucket of warm spit.

(Well . . . , okay.  The spit doesn't have to be warm.)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Imagine how it will look next Sunday in New England!

Surely some other team has a use for Jay.  Right?

Maybe the Bears could trade him for a future 3rd round draft pick and a bucket of warm spit.

(Well . . . , okay.  The spit doesn't have to be warm.)

Awesome gif man, what a dingus.  lmao.  At least he caught the helmet.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Miami fan here.  You should've seen it coming, the Fins usually beat the teams they're not supposed to beat, and then lose to the teams they should beat.

I have several buddies who are Bears fans and so is my brother in law, so I won a few bets yesterday.  One of my Bears buds is an executive chef, so now he's gotta come make a multi-course dinner for the fam.  I'm excited about that.

Tannehill had one of the better games of his career yesterday, but our kicker couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... I thought Chicago might come back and win, but the defense held.  I read Marshall went berserk on Jay and the whole team after the game.  

Coincidentally, I also smoked some loin back ribs after the game yesterday, and also at 235.  They came out pretty awesome.

Good luck to your Bears... do me a favor and have a bounce-back game where you put a whippin' on the Patriots!
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • UncleSaban
    Options
    dstearn said:
    4 hours in.
    looks awesome! How long did you cook those for and what temp did you raise it up to towards the end?
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. 
    ~A.E.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I think you are gonna be cooking a lot of ribs for the next 10 weeks...

And thank you for getting him the hell outta Denver.
  • dstearn
    Options
    dstearn said:
    4 hours in.
    looks awesome! How long did you cook those for and what temp did you raise it up to towards the end?

Thanks, I started at 235 Grate level using the DigiQ. After 3 hours I raised it to 250. The dome temp was between 280 - 300 throughout the cook.
  • weekender
    Options
    Ribs look great.  When everyone refers to temps typically are they referring to grate temp or dome temp?  The reaosn I ask is that I also tried some baby back ribs this past weekend and did the 2-2-1 method at a dome temp of 230 - 250.  They came out good, but were not fall off the bone tender like I prefer them.

Northwest GA, Large BGE (w/Nest), Plate Setter

• dstearn
    Options
    weekender said:
    Ribs look great.  When everyone refers to temps typically are they referring to grate temp or dome temp?  The reaosn I ask is that I also tried some baby back ribs this past weekend and did the 2-2-1 method at a dome temp of 230 - 250.  They came out good, but were not fall off the bone tender like I prefer them.

Dome Temp since not everyone uses a temp control system. If you go by dome make sure the themometer is calibrated. For low and slows I use my Digi Q and figure that the dome temp could be as high as 50 degrees higher depending on how hot my fire is. I would recommend 250 dome for the first 3 hours and then bump it up to 280-300. My ribs were on for 5 1/2 hours before I sauced them after passing the bend test. I did spritz with cider vinegar and apple juice a few times. I do not like fall off the bone. Prefer tender but not falling apart.