Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Experiments

Options
Round One
I'm doing some chicken wings using a recipe I found on a bottle of Trappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce.  It involves a 3 to 2 ratio marinade of the pepper sauce and Italian Dressing.   After marinating for a few hours, I applied Dinosaur BBQ's Cajun Foreplay rub.   I'm ini the middle of a 30-20-10 indirect cook at 375* during which I'm going to glaze them with a mixture of Sweet Baby Ray's cut with a little Outerbridge's Sherry Rum Pepper Sauce.

Round Two
Pizza with caramelized onions and some leftover sous vide short ribs.  Don't know how that's going to turn out but I can't imagine anything suffering if there's some short rib on it.

Pictures to follow

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Gota enjoy eggsperiments-any prep work with the wings before the marinade?  No doubt a banquet awaits.  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    No prep before the marinade.  SWMBO just said "these are on the verge of just being too spicy for me" which means they're on the mild side.  But delicious if I so say myself.  Now on to the pizza

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA