Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What was you favorite thing at the festival.

Options
I had a great time at my first Eggtoberfest. I probably put on a pound or 2 if I got there early I and had time to tast everything I would probably gain 5 or 10 pounds. Anyway what was your favorite? I loved the shrimp stuffed in the chicken wing a perfect combination and very tender cooked to perfection. The other was the pineapple upside down cake.

Comments

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I liked seeing the XXL do work. Dr. BBQ had a 69 pound hunk of beef on one and another group had a few pork loins on another. imageimage

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• ChadEggHeadEst2014
    Options
    Wow thats one big hunk of meet. I did not see any body cooking on a xxl but I did not get I didn't get there until 1:30 and left at 3:30

Smokinpig said:
    I liked seeing the XXL do work. Dr. BBQ had a 69 pound hunk of beef on one and another group had a few pork loins on another. imageimage

• TNegg
    TNegg Posts: 89
    Options
    I really liked the green beans sautéed in grape seed oil with bacon, soy sauce, and garlic. It was simple but something I could see myself eating often. I also loved the ice cream cones filled with chocolate and peanutbutter chips and topped with a marshmallow. I bought a jalapeño rack to use for making the cones for my kids. My favorite meat was venison sausage.... But I probably will never cook it myself. The dark chocolate bread pudding was good too! Heck liked everything!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I think everyone is waiting for a review on something really epic.   ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    The tip roll took second in recipes I heard. I will give Craig props their group was one of the few with constant food flowing out. They had good stuff.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• cazzy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    The tip roll took second in recipes I heard. I will give Craig props their group was one of the few with constant food flowing out. They had good stuff.
    That's honestly good to hear.  Speaking of hearing....hopefully Craig didn't talk too much.     :P
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Being a paramedic this was the best I saw. I want to ride on this truck....
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

The Wings from the Pittsburgh team! Que, I think, was the name.

Best tagline:

Think of Que when you rub your meat"
    New Albany, Ohio 

• MeatChurch
    MeatChurch Posts: 200
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We had a line to the gate the entire time which was cool. Probably 50 deep most of the day. We knew our cook was ambitious considering it was "sushi" in Georgia. People seemed to really love all 4 dishes though. It was awesome to meet so many cool Eggheads!!
    Matt

Smokinpig said:

XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    The beer carts!!!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    I never knew it was possible to cook so hard that your body would be sore afterwards. I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything!! Here's the final pic of Just Da Tip Roll and the Corndog'd Brisket Bites. image
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    My favorite was the homemade sausage cooking rack .. this person stuffed almost 60 sausages on this rack and cooked them to perfection .. the smoke ring on this was amazing ... i told him he needs to make more and sell it :-)

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • cazzy
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    My favorite was the homemade sausage cooking rack .. this person stuffed almost 60 sausages on this rack and cooked them to perfection .. the smoke ring on this was amazing ... i told him he needs to make more and sell it :-)

That reminds me of this.  Play-doh say what!