Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken: skillet spatch & wok lettuce wraps

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Bad Pics I know . . .but tasty weekend chicken cook.  I have been on non-stop work travel, so trying to cook healthy stuff that I can stretch into a few meals.  I tried the cast iron skillet spatchcock on Friday & got the WOK out on sunday for some chicken lettuce wraps.  Good Eats,

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice. A walk through on the ci spatchcock please?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Thanks. I just rubbed some butter under the skin along with a healthy amount of Ras El Hanout Rub (moroccan spice blend) under the skin.  Then tossed the spatch chix on the hot dry skillet which had been preheating at 450 for about 30 mins.  

I cooked the chix using the temp/time following the recent post by @nolaegghead which is here.  Nice change from my normal raised direct spatch.  I wanted to raise it higher in the dome, but when I put my extender in I could not shut the lid because of the Cast Iron handle - so cooked it at gasket level.  It was real nice to have the juices in the skillet post cook ready for a sauce . . I will go back to this method. 

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”