Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterday's semi-turbo butt.

Options
Since I was not able to attend the NOLA Brisket Camp, I had to console myself with something. Since I did a flat last weekend, I decided a semi-turbo butt was in order to satiate my meat necessity.

7 lb blade roast

S&p, powdered garlic and Paul Prudhommes Pork Magic

Fired egg with RO and four cherry chunks, ran at 275F-300F

Cooked raised, indirect on woo w/ stone on med egg

Put on smoke at 5:15 am

Hit 172F internal at 11:00 am,I then foil wrapped, added 3/4 cup apple cider, 1/4 cup of F. Lee Roy's Hot and Sweet Dippin sauce mixed together and poured over butt and returned to egg.

At 12:30 internal temp was 203F I removed from egg and FTC'd in 150F oven which I turned off after heating up and let sit for 1 hour before pulling and eating.

After pulling. I skimmed fat off the au jus from the foil, nuked it for a minute to get it real hot, and poured it back on the already moist meat for extra flavor.

Served with a cole slaw kit ( cole slaw& packet of non mayo base dressing in a bag from produce aisle) and sliced " Dave's Killer Bread, Powerseed", with a little more F.Lee Roy's Dippin Sauce on the bread.

8-8 1/2 hrs total cook and FTC time, not too fast, not too slow.
imageimageimageimageimage
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments