Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need pizza help...

Options
I've been doing the foolproof pan pizzas every week for awhile now, and I've gotten to where I get good consistent results with that method.  Was getting tired of it though, and tried something different tonight.  Did a traditional hand tossed pizza with prosciutto and arugula, using a dough ball from our ex favorite pizza place.

Cooked it @600 degrees using the PS legs up, SS grid, 15" Roshco pizza stone.  Let everything preheat for at least 30 minutes.  Cooked for 8 minutes, and rotated 180 degrees after about 5 minutes.  No parchment paper, just used cornmeal to transfer off of the peel.  The dough was not quite up to room temp when I dressed it out.

Problem is that while the top looks great, I burned the bottom abit.  Also, when I by a cooked pie from this pizza place, the dough is a little lighter and airy.  This turned out more chewy.

Should I go for higher temp and less time, or a lower temp and more time?  

Comments