Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need ABT help! Too many options, can't decide!

Options
Ok, so to celebrate the first weekend of football, ABTs are a must.  I have a dozen big fat jalapeños,  cream cheese, bacon, and, cheddar filled mini smoked sausages.  (I was surprised to find cheese filled mini dogs and smoked sausage no less).  

But that just isn't enough.  Plain cream cheese?  I need your input. 

I could 
  • mix buffalo sauce in the cream cheese, which I've done before
  • sriarcha green onion garlic cream cheese? 
  • simply baste with the same BBQ sauce going on the beef ribs? 
  • do a dipping sauce?   (help please!)
  • Glaze with honey or maple syrup, or?  
So anyway, I want to make NFA ABTs, so who better to ask than a bunch of egg heads!
Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

Comments

• sumoconnell
    Options
    I'd recommend to go simple on the filling, cream cheese + green onions sounds good.  Anything that thins the cheese is not recommended. If you want BBQ/Sriracha/buffalo sauce, i'd put that on as a coating right before you take them off.

Another modifier - I love wrapping the stuffed jalepeno in chicken, then bacon.. the chicken ABT (plenty of recipes if you search).  Some sweet bbq sauce and it's perfect.  I've sliced those at 1/2 inch as a great appy.

PS - another great appy for gameday is bulliet rye.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Next time vary the cheese.  I generally use a habenaro cheese but will cut it with some mexican or cream cheese depending on the guests.  I also like to use chorizo or hot sausage (both pre-cooked) and mix with the cheese to fill.  The options of fillings to add to the cheese are endless.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Cream cheese with chives mixed with shredded Mexican blend of cheese stirred together with my favorite rub. I also like chicken abt from time to time. It's a good idea to slightly parboil jalapeño and use thinner bacon. I do this so the chicken over cook
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• lemonade
    Options
    Excellent thoughts.  Green onion or chive in the cheese,  or adding rub - another great idea.  Thanks!
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?