Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

not a smoke free establishment here, by any means!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
I honestly feel sorry for the occasional egger who posts about neighbor complaints over smoke from their cooks. When I do like to smoke things up all I have to worry about are the phone calls asking when they can come over! BTW tonight it was spares with 11 nice big pieces from a hickory tree grown and I cut down years ago here on our property...guess that makes it even more rewarding to my way of thinking.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• BigGreenGator
    Options
    I say smokem' out :)

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    We get "those" calls too @RRP‌ ;)
    Letting that billowing cloud of tasty aroma linger through the woods is like sending out a pigeon with an invitation. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    There is no complaining in my neighborhood. Counting me there are at 5 of us in a 1/8 of a mile area that smoke meat, so complaints here. Of course I live in bbq country an like to smoke it up too.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Odd that you get complaints.  My neighbor tries to outsmoke me, but he has realized he can't compete with the egg.
    NOLA
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Ain't no skeeters around there.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• RRP
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Odd that you get complaints.  My neighbor tries to outsmoke me, but he has realized he can't compete with the egg.
    I never said I get complaints. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    buzd504 said:

He didn't say "he" got complaints. He said he felt bad for the eggers whom got complaints. He like myself get the calls asking whatcha cooking and can we come over to eat B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • RRP
    Options
    We get "those" calls too @RRP‌ ;) Letting that billowing cloud of tasty aroma linger through the woods is like sending out a pigeon with an invitation. B-)
    I say it beats the crap out of that petroleum smell coming from those briquet using dudes...especially when you hear them say "don'tchajustlovethesmellofbbq?" and then later you hear "pass me the A-1 sauce" 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @RRP‌ :)) Amen to that!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This is funny. My immediate neighbors know I'm egging, but I haven't considered others in my neighborhood. Last week Wilma went to get our daughter who was playing at a friend's house down the street. The lady asked my wife "What's your husband cooking today?"
    Flint, Michigan
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    What temp and how long did it take to cook your spares? I've got to cook some this week for dinner and just curious.
    Durham, NC
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited August 2014
    Options

Don't know why this didn't quote RRP ??
    I say it beats the crap out of that petroleum smell coming from those briquet using dudes...especially when you hear them say "don'tchajustlovethesmellofbbq?" and then later you hear "pass me the A-1 sauce" 

I don't even keep A1 or anything like it around if someone wants sauce for a steak I cooked they are getting a hamburger !!!

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    llrickman said:

Don't know why this didn't quote RRP ??

I don't even keep A1 or anything like it around if someone wants sauce for a steak I cooked they are getting a hamburger !!!

My 5 year old has to dip his steak in ketchup like he did tonight on his filet. The rest of us don't use anything. The briquet guys also use lighter fluid, which kills the flavor.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Where's the spares at??

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    Options
    Where's the spares at??
    hidden in my belly, but let me see if any of the pictures came out worthy of showing. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm in a townhouse. The neighbor on one side is all about it when I'm cooking. On the other, who knows, but the lady is completely obnoxious. She gets all pissy when my daughters are playing outside and has yelled at our babysitter when my eldest was playing with chalk and laughing. She sits outside on the phone and gets conspicuously loud when she comments about how loud our fountain is, despite the fact that she has three in her yard. Her husband is pretty chill and the animosity is completely one-sided. I don't even care. I do a low and slow overnight every few weekends and always offer her some. The curt "no thanks" is just icing on the cake.
  • RRP
    Options
    I'm in a townhouse. The neighbor on one side is all about it when I'm cooking. On the other, who knows, but the lady is completely obnoxious. She gets all pissy when my daughters are playing outside and has yelled at our babysitter when my eldest was playing with chalk and laughing. She sits outside on the phone and gets conspicuously loud when she comments about how loud our fountain is, despite the fact that she has three in her yard. Her husband is pretty chill and the animosity is completely one-sided. I don't even care. I do a low and slow overnight every few weekends and always offer her some. The curt "no thanks" is just icing on the cake.
    So sorry, man...I did not mean to have anyone reply, but you obviously showed the rest of us what I was referring to. Is justified killing a defensivable plea in your state? LOL Maybe between you and her husband you guys can get a reward or bounty for offing a predator! LOL!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My neighbors are too spread out to get smoked out from the egg, but my coal stove is another story. Depending on the barometric pressure, the smoke from my coal stove just lingers sometimes. The smoke is really bad when I first load it up in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad, but not that bad. I heat my house for a little more than a $1.00 a day, so coal is how I roll.

Sometimes it's like a truck rollin' coal on a Prius(see video). Gotta love some Prius repellant.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sT_psrwS39c
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited August 2014
    Options

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Ron I hate it when I go in and out a few times and set off my alarm in the house :-t
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.