Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket pot roast?

Options
Why is it every time I go to a restaurant, that calls themselves a smokehouse, the brisket is always pulled and taste more like roast beef? Seriously, if they said it was roast beef I'd believe them. It doesn't even look like brisket. And the worst part is, everybody says the brisket is good! Have they ever ate a properly cooked brisket? Does anybody else have this problem where they're from? Rant over.
NW IOWA

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yep, was talking to someone tonight that mentioned how good the brisket he had at a local restaurant was. So good it "just fell apart". I had to mention that properly cooked brisket shouldn't fall apart.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    Yes. I was at a customers open house. The caterer said it was brisket. But it looked just like pulled pork
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    And it's like they just let it sit in au jus or even water. You can taste a little smoke but any flavor has been taken away in some liquid. It's like they steam it so it falls apart and is juicy.
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Sometimes I think this whole Travis method thing has just gone too far! =))
    NW IOWA