Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first attempt at wings

I'm so hungry. These better turn out great.

Comments

• anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Looks like a might hearty helping... I'm sure they'll be great....
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 25,077
    Just keep moving them around and turning until they're done.  Hotter makes 'em done faster.  You'll be fine.

• corb69corb69 Posts: 154
    They turned out ok but there's room for improvement. I tried to cook too many at once and didn't turn them like I should have. I also used a lot of Dizzy Dust Swamp Venom and my wife didn't approve. Too hot for her. image
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 25,077
    When I'm cooking wings, heat and spice will happen.  If someone warns me pre-cook they want mild wings, I'll cook a few that way.

• EGGjlmhEGGjlmh Posts: 625
    I like to use my grate gripper and carefully rotate the whole grate about 90 degrees about every 15 -20 minutes for even cooking, but be careful or you will end up doing wings caveman style if your not careful.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,293
    Yeah, you're right, that was a little crowded but in your defense, you were hungry :)  

Try doing 30-20-10 wings sometime, indirect at 375F.  30 minutes, flip.  20 minutes sauce.  10 minutes to cook on the sauce.  Takes a bit longer than raised direct but doesn't take as much watching and flipping.  I like them both ways, just depends on my mood.

I try to do a milder version of wings for my wife but it's hard to keep them separated on the grill sometimes.  I can always tell when one of mine got mixed up in her batch...by the way she coughs when she bites into it ;) 

Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This