Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

x-large egg

Options
Jay Brilliant
Jay Brilliant Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had posted a question a couple of weeks ago, that I was deciding whether to buy an egg or a traeger grill, well I've been convinced to go with the egg. My question now is whether to go with an x-large or a large. One of my complaints about the egg before, was that it was pretty expensive for the amount of overall cooking space. I've seen the x-large, and it looks like a monster it's huge. I'm just wondering how it cooks, and if heats as evenly as the large. If anyone has cooked on yet I would appreciate hearing how it cooked and if you thought there were any bugs that needed to be worked out.[p]Thanks,
Jaybblues

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    jaybblues,
    I have never seen an extra yet, but unless you are doing a lot of cooking for fairly large family, you can't go wrong buying the large. [p]Jerry

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    jaybblues, A little over a year ago, I struggled with the same issue. I measured my Weber and found that the large was a little shy next to that. I bought the large, and have not regretted it yet. I have cooked as many as 8 beer can chickens on it at one time with excellent results. You can't just look at the measurements of the grill, but don't forget it has a high dome. I made 2 briskets over the weekend using the grill and a grill extender and they were fantastic !!!