Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Cleveland Indian & Jim Thome fans

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Jim was a home town boy who made it big. I thought as a fan you might enjoy this local article written about him. I hope I can attach the link! http://www.pjstar.com/article/20140802/SPORTS/140809851?template=printart
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    It was a joy to watch him play for the Indians. He was a class act on and off the field. I seen him play at the AA level for the Akron-Canton Indians and then with the Indians. I met him in a local restaurant one time, and he was a very nice humble person. I'm sure Cooperstown will be his next stop.

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I was able to meet him twice RRP. My senior year of HS we had a date auction to raise money for the make a wish foundation and he came and talked and was the auctioneer. He took the time to talk to all of us that were in the auction and signed autographs for anyone that wanted one. They just don't make them like him any more.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @RRP-thanks for the link.  I spent a few years overseeing all wood baseball bat manufacturing  at Louisville Slugger and our MLB sales team uniformly had great things to say about him.  Any game that doesn't have the clock as the controlling interest is tops in my book.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Great article. So nice to see the goods ones honored. We have so many knuckleheads in professional athletics today (for a while actually) that its so nice to have positive roll models to offset them.
    Thome was a lot of fun to watch at the plate... he never left an ounce of energy out of his swing.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Meet big Jim 3-4 years ago with a buddy. Very humble guy. Very appreciative of his fans. Wish we had more like him playing the game.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota