Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pork Chops on the Egg

Options
Today, I did my first pork chops on the egg after doing some reading in the Cookbook forum. They turned out AWESOME. The wife ate them without a complaint and she "doesn't like pork"!

I didn't have time to brine so it was just a simple rub with Swamp Venom, low and slow to 125* IT, then quick sear both sides at 500* dome. Next time, I'm going to try the brine, and I read after the fact that I need to trim some of the fat and silverskin - will give that a shot too. I'm very happy with them though!

Thanks for the help all!

Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
p1.jpg 181.2K
p2.jpg 153.4K
p3.jpg 155.9K

Comments

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

Please send me any leftovers.

Thanks

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Those look great!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • thegooddocta
    thegooddocta Posts: 264
    Options
    EGGjlmh no leftovers this time around :]

We have a TON of pork chops though. Signed up for half a meat CSA this year, and get 15lbs of organic grass fed meats every month (lots of pork in there). Pretty great!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @thegooddocta   How did you find the program you are on? What is a CSA?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • thegooddocta
    thegooddocta Posts: 264
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - CSA stands for community supported agriculture. They're also sometimes referred to as "farm shares".

Here in RI, we found this farmer and his CSA program through a farming co-op. In CT, where we used to live, we found the one we used by asking around at a farmer's market.

It's how we get ALL of our meat and veggies during the summer and fall. Great quality, great price, and the farmer gets all of the money rather than a fraction of it. I have a soul sucking software sales job so it feels like I'm redeeming myself a little bit by "grocery shopping" this way too :] good luck!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Nice, Thanks for the info!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum