Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

eggheadforum FANTASY FOOTBALL

Greetings friends,

I'm setting up FFB on ESPN, 10 team, .5 PPR. $40 buy in - payout to be announced.

Let me know if you're in, if you'd drastically prefer any changes to standard snake or league rules etc.

Draft day suggestions?

BUY IN WILL BE DUE BEFORE THE DRAFT. IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE LEAGUES YOUR LEAGUE'S MEMBERS MAY CHANGE. CHANGE MAY INCLUDE AN 8 TEAM LEAGUE OR LEAGUES. I'll do my best to make everyone happy. Buy in before is one of the ways to make this happen.

Please reply To this thread with your direct email. Mine is:

themaskedmarvelNOSPAM@gmail.com
Remove NOSPAM and ya got me.

Thanks. You all should just give me your money now and avoid the humiliation of being slaughtered in a public forum. :)

8-Damien
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,143
    I'm in. conwaypressurewashing@gmail.com
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • CeeGeeWCeeGeeW Posts: 90
    Count me in!   CeeGeeWnospam@gmail.com  (Remove nospam as well)
    Los Angeles, CA
  • TigerTonyTigerTony Posts: 1,005
    Looking forward to it!  Can we pay entry fee via PayPal?
    ajs1126NOSPAM@gmail.com
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,717
    PayPal will work if it's good for everyone? I've never received PayPal, so if there's a trick to not paying fees that'd be awesome.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• bearBGEbearBGE Posts: 129
    IN
    jhornber85@gmail.com
    if the draft day could be some saturday or sunday evening that would be great or any day during the week 8 o'clock central time or later would be great
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    I'm in.
    stemc33NoSpam@icloud.com
    Not sure if the No Spam thing works, but I hate spam, so I tossed it in my email.
    How does the payment thing work? I have a PayPal account, just never paid for fantasy football.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,040
    edited July 2014
    Will IM you my email
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    Last year we used some sort of fantasy payment online service. Ended up causing problems...

This year - if everyone's good trusting the commish? Just paypal to me?

I AM FINE with using a service. Fees suck.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

Works for me @MaskedMarvel‌ . Just post pics of all the BGE stuff you buy when you run off with our money. ;)
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 8,759
    @maskedmarvel, if everyone gifts you the money, no fees will occur. 

I am contemplating hard.. However, the league I am in just went up on the buy in to $100.  Yeah, what is another $40, but explaining this to the wife sometimes isn't worth it. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    How do u do the draft? Snake or auction?
  • PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 1,641
    I'm in Chris _lione@yahoo.com
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,040
    Jeremiah said:

How do u do the draft? Snake or auction?

Snake!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

@maskedmarvel, if everyone gifts you the money, no fees will occur. 

I am contemplating hard.. However, the league I am in just went up on the buy in to $100.  Yeah, what is another $40, but explaining this to the wife sometimes isn't worth it. 

I'm down for adjusting any part of the league so as many are as happy as we can be. The $40 amount was the choice because we wanted the winner to get a mini last year (~$400). Personally, I like the $40. Keeps everyone engaged because it's not a throw away league. IMHO

Draft will be snake. Draft order will be random ESPN - I tried fancy stuff before and some people just get pissy. A guy that was the ten pick last year in my work league still blames the draft for his "easy win" badge.

Draft day - sometime in the week before week one? Season starts Thursday sept 4

I'll try and organize this in the next few days. Have emails to league/s by the end of the weekend. Hope that works for everybody.

Thanks!
    8-Damien
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• TigerTonyTigerTony Posts: 1,005
    $40, no fancy stuff, draft week b 4
    Fine with me.
    Thanks for organizing.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

Agreed, Thanks for stepping up and organizing. This is my first--pretty stoked!
    if somebody wouldn't mind sending me an email of how to pay via pay pal or whatever I need to do that would be great
    Time warner is coming to work on the internet at my place Sunday morning. I'm hoping to have emails out to everyone that evening. Maybe first of the week....
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

TW completely
    Blew off my apt Sunday.

Will be Thursday now. Sorry gang.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

edited August 2014
    No worries @MaskedMarvel‌ , I'm just glad your organizing this thing. Once we receive an email from you with the league, is it pretty self explanatory when we pull up the website?
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
    Do we have 10 yet?
    stemc33 said:

No worries @MaskedMarvel‌ , I'm just glad your organizing this thing. Once we receive an email from you with the league, is it pretty self explanatory when we pull up the website?

My email will have a link to the league invite - once the league is set up we can get payments going. The draft is pretty self explained but do mock drafts to get a sense of how our snake draft will go. Once we have everyone signed up I'll announce and set draft order.

Sorry for the delAy - I just closed on my house and time warner was supposed to have teh interwebz going by now. So tired of using iPhone...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

Jeremiah said:

Do we have 10 yet?

My count has nine if tarheelmatt is in. >>nudge him<<
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• sounds cool ...let me set up a pay pal and ill get back with you

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• llrickmanllrickman Posts: 585
    How many do you have now?  Let me know if you need another id be interested
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Im in! Played last year and had an awesome time! Good for any league with 8-12 players. $50 buy in preferred. Email is claywhite88@yahoo.com .Yahoo or ESPN league
    Update - after my new stove gets here I'll look at email blasting everyone in this thread. Looks like the league might be a 10 team. Please pay promptly. I'd like to have teams finalized well before the draft date, which will be the week before season opener. Slightly possible I will be called into work this evening. If I can't get it all finished by 3pm est it'll be tomorrow. Much thanks. 8-Damien
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Let me know if you've filled up. I would be interested. I'm a new Egghead but an OLD football fan!