Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stand up chickens

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
edited July 2014 in Poultry
I tried my hand using different ideas I pulled from many posts for my stand up chickens.This is what I ended up with

2- 5 lb whole chickens

Rubbed with Kickin Chicken

Set on stands and cooked for 2 hrs on direct heat with drip pans at 375 F

made baste with 1 cup Apple cider, 2tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil, 2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar in spray bottle, sprayed every twenty minutes
Super tender, moist and flavorful.
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @anton. Great first post. It won't be long before someone tells you "spatchcock". Just saying.
    Welcome

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Try them with the legs up sometime, indirect.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    Those look real good. I need to do me some more of those so we have some in the house. I always do three at a time. Eat one and freeze the rest. With just two of us now we can do that.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Thanks to all three comments and particularly to HDumptyEsq and Little Steven who I drew some tips from both of your past posts and comments.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "