Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So I called my wife to say I have massive wood...

Options
JethroVA
JethroVA Posts: 1,251
She was less than impressed. Maybe you guys will be more impressed. Photos below. I went out to my parents' farm today and they pointed me to a massive red oak that a storm took out. I included my big Jethro head for size comparison. At least 4 ft in diameter. Tree that is. Question for you cut-your-own-wood guys... How long to dry? Any issues with red oak which does not have a pleasant smell when fresh cut? Splits great which made it my preferred wood for my high school firewood business (funded snow skiiing). Bark on vs. bark off? Enlighten me oh wood meisters of the forum... p.s. if anyone is in central VA or wants to come to central VA you can have all you want. Wood that is. location: Hanover County, VA very close to Patrick Henry's home, Scotchtown.
Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 

Comments